Finally I am going tell you guys about my plan with version 3.x
1) Plugins - starting with the Buff tweak as a plugin.
2) Install wizard - UI Modders will have more options to let the users decide what they want to install.
See preview video here: UI Wizard.avi (147.50 kb)
3) Remove an access violation - this is comming from some code I was playing around with and forgot to delete.
4) If an unknown UI is loaded the UI Installer checks a webservice for install information.
This makes it possible for me to publish install information for any custom UI at any time!!
Only limitation is the file name of the UI zip must be unique, and not named "Customized.zip" but a proper
name like "Awsomeness.zip", because this is used to locate the online install information.
5) A proper installer for my program :-)
1) More plugins - Font modification and hopefully more.
2) Smart install - The AOC UI Installer must be able to install UI's not know to it. By analysing the folders and files it will try to install the mod.
Im am working on a program for generating the AOC UI Installer xml file, making it easier for UI developers to
Make their UI's compatible and to make it easier to generate the new xml required for the install wizard.
It is hard work and has required some rewrite of core functionality, but I think it is worth it!
I am aming at a somewhat intelligent program that can build the entire package into a zip file.
This is subject of change ofc.
Feel free to add suggestions in the comments
March 15, 2010 07:40 by Brian
Having a blog means that you have to maintain it and write entries on a regular basis. This is the purpose of having a blog - sharing our thoughts and experiences with everyone. What you dont think about when creating a blog is the amount of time you use just removing rubbish comments. People who might call themselves SEO gurus because they provide traffic to various sites by posting comments in blogs - our blog. For those of you who dont know how this works here is a quick explanation:More...
I wanted to share something new with you.
I am working on a program that can build the installer file used by the AOC UI Installer.
This program will enable UI creators to build more advanced installer settings for AOC UI Installer v. 3.0
Below you can see a screenshot of the program, More...